Stop being Vulnerable to Hotel Thieves and Bad Actors
So if you’re anything like the average techno person you have amassed a pile of expensive gadgetry that you love to travel with. But what about all the stress of leaving your stuff back in your hotel room. Is it safe, are there any bad actors working for the hotel? Are you worried that the cleaning of your room would result in getting cleaned out? We have all felt this way at one point or another. Consider also that you can’t always take ALL of your costly gear with you when you leave your hotel. You put the do not disturb hanger on the door so that nobody enters to steal your hard-earned money. The minute you leave the parking lot the worry starts. That definitely was something that for years has been the source of at least moderate stress for myself.
Now! Somebody’s Watching!
If the hotel staff or other bad actors find their way into your room and steal your goodies just what leg to do have to stand on to get it back? Agreed 99% of the hotel staff are just hard working people who do wonderful things for all of us. But what can be done about that pesky 1% of bad actors? What is a stressed and freaked out traveler to do? Well since we now live in the 21st century and technical advancement abound there IS a solution to this pesky little dilemma. With the advent of cheap cloud recorded IP cameras and a simple little router, you can monitor your stuff from anywhere. Shown below are the GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 Mini Travel Router (check prices on Amazon.) and a pair of Zmodo IP cameras (that are constantly recording to the cloud) (check prices on Amazon) that you can easily pack in your travel bag.
5 Steps to Securing Your Goodies
1. Get the GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 Mini Travel Router (check prices on Amazon.) This way there is no worry as to whether or not you can get your IP cameras connected to the hotel Wifi. These devices specialize in being able to share Hotel Wifi (see article on this here)
2. Get a pair of (even one will do) of IP Cameras (check prices on Amazon)
3. Configure the router (see the article on the Router here)
4. Configure the IP Cameras per instructions by connecting the cameras up to your GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 Mini Travel Router
5. Place the IP cameras in ideal locations that cover your room. Both the router and the IP Cams run off 5V USB
Video Surveillance is Squarely Now in Your Arsenal
Boom! you are now fully covered while away from your room. Any movement in the room triggers an instant notification to your smartphone and you can see what’s going on. Consider registering the phone number of the hotel to your phone so you can call them in an instant to rush to your room should something unscrupulous being going on there. The worry will never be completely gone but this techo combo of router and IP Cameras put a serious dent in that worry. Consider pickup up the kit today and put your mind at ease on your future trips.